Komfort Workspace Case Study
Increased Airflow Capacity, a Cleaner Factory and More Efficient Workflow
A Total wood waste dust extraction Solution with in-built capacity for future expansion
Komfort Workspace in Crawley, West Sussex are part of the Sheffield Insulation Group and one of Europe’s foremost designers and manufacturers of workplace products
The new system has had a major impact upon the manufacturing plant, both in terms of improved quality of finish on our CNC machines and also the overall appearance of the factory. No longer do we have to contend with excess shavings and dust on the factory floor, as it is dealt with efficiently and effectively at source.
Air Plants have provided a professional and practical service during the installation…particularly committed to helping us through what could have been a major upheaval.
The project was fairly painless and we never felt that we were disrupted in achieving production targets while the plant was being assembled.
Nick Hare, Komfort’s Production Director
- A system to cope with high levels of wood waste generated by state of the art woodworking machinery.
- Cater for the existing machinery, plus provide in-built capacity for future expansion.
- Keep the existing extraction system running during the installation, keeping disruption of production to an absolute minimum.
- Initial relocation of the existing externally sited filter and fan over a weekend.
- Installation of an Cyclo Filter, Cyclone Dust Collector and two No 90 Centrifugal Fans in its original location, while the old system continued to run.
- Internal ductwork installed without dismantling existing ductwork, or disruption of production.
- Changeover from the old system to the new carried out over a weekend, with production up and running first thing Monday morning.
- Dismantled and removed the redundant system from site, again without disrupting production.
- Installed system has a total airflow capacity of 85,000m3/hr, almost three times the capacity of the original system’s 29,500 m3/hr.
- New fans extract a total of 34,000 m3/hr each, with 17,000 m3/hr available capacity in the Cyclo Filter, for future machine extraction.
- Control panel supplied with the system incorporates the starters for a future third fan, so keeping future expansion costs to a minimum.